Triangle Insights Group is a strategy consulting firm that provides strategic guidance on the most critical business issues to leaders in life sciences organizations. TIG supports clients in the therapeutics, diagnostics and medical device industries and has partnered with clients to address needs across the pharmaceutical development and commercial lifecycle. The firm was acquired in 2022 by TrialCard, a full-service life sciences commercialization company.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Perhaps the most important thing for potential employees of TIG to know at this point is that the firm was acquired in April of 2022—just a few months before we conducted our annual consulting survey.
With that in mind, feel free to peruse the selected comments, which outline a firm that is generally well-liked by its employees even as they sometimes struggle with the number of hours required. Ideally, the variety of project work and ability to make rapid career progress will only accelerate under new ownership, but those are considerations that are best raised in interviews and networking conversations—not to mention next year’s survey!
About the Company
Triangle Insights Group is a strategy consulting firm that provides strategic guidance on the most critical business issues to leaders in life sciences organizations. The company supports clients in the therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device industries and has partnered with clients to address needs across the pharmaceutical development and commercial lifecycle. The firm was acquired in 2022 by TrialCard, a full-service life sciences commercialization company.
Triangle's approach combines deep knowledge of the industry across therapeutic areas and functional domains. The organization provides its clients with the experience to adeptly understand strategic issues, creativity to identify solutions, strong critical thinking to evaluate options, and the discipline to drive results. The partners are experienced management con...
2023 Vault Rankings
- “A consulting firm that takes active measures to support its members and encourage professional growth.”
- “Collegial firm with talented, supportive colleagues and interesting work with clients who are driving forward the life sciences industry.”
- “Opportunity to learn about interesting life science advancements and develop strategic solutions with an impressive group of peers and mentors.”
- “The quality of work is always exceptional, and the project approach and deliverables are always very thoughtful and individualized to the client situation/needs. Leadership, management, and even junior staff are very knowledgeable and able to serve as strategic thought partners to the clients. Everyone who leaves for an industry role ends up hiring TIG for consulting projects.
- Obviously I'm biased, but clients often share deliverables that other consulting firms have done for them in the past that's relevant to the current project, and I really do believe that TIG produces work of a higher caliber. Whenever we're asked to pressure test previous work, we always find ways in which the approach or assumptions can and should be improved.”
- “Unlike other boutique life sciences firms that focus predominantly on primary and secondary market research, Triangle Insights engages with clients in strategic planning at the product-agnostic and corporate levels as well as in cutting edge technology areas (e.g., iPSC therapy) and entirely new indication areas.”
Getting Hired Here
- “1 round of behavioral interviews and 1 more robust case presentation. Ideal candidates have an interest in life sciences and demonstrate strong critical thinking. It's not so much about a right or wrong answer, but rather thinking process.”
- “Cultural and intellectual fit.”
- “I believe the firm is looking for curious, driven individuals who want to explore new areas of the life science industry and help develop solutions for a variety of clients. Whether they are from a business-focused background and have interest in the scientific innovations, or come from a science-focused background and are interested in the commercialization of the scientific concepts, Triangle provides a great platform for the curious mind to continuously learn new things.”
- “I think this company is looking for smart people interested in business and the life sciences. If you can demonstrate your competence and passion Triangle will most definitely be interested in you as a candidate.”
- “Triangle Insights seeks candidates with the intellectual horsepower to keep up with experienced clients in complex content areas, the professional/social ‘soft skills’ to interact effectively with clients and team members in project execution, and the communication skills to effectively develop and structure deliverables and present findings to clients in an engaging manner.”