Economic consulting firms are generally known for the data-intensive and rigorously analytic nature of their work. While Bates White is no different, the firm seeks to differentiate itself through its bright and passionate people. It’s a firm that invests heavily in professional development and building a close-knit, collaborative culture. Past summer interns praise the "real-life casework," "many mentorship opportunities," "accessible senior leadership," and "regression software training."
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your application via the company website (www.bateswhite.com/careers.html). Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and transcript.
Number Of Interns
About the Program
The Bates White Summer Consultant Program is an intensive 10-week internship that provides rising seniors with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities while making meaningful contributions to the firm. Participants receive extensive training and perform a mix of challenging and interesting quantitative and qualitative assignments. They work side-by-side with experienced professionals and interact with senior-level staff. Sponsors and Peer Coaches provide mentoring and help ...
About the Company
Bates White is a midsized consultancy specializing in advanced economic, financial, and econometric analysis. The company's professional staff—among them economists, econometricians, financial analysts, and IT specialists—help law firms, corporations, and government entities address complex matters that require sophisticated problem solving and deep empirical analysis.
- “The firm was very busy during my internship, but management made an effort to make sure there was a good work/life balance throughout the summer. They encouraged us to participate in activities outside of billable work and explore the city.”
- “The firm is protective of work/life balance for the summer interns. 40-45-hour weeks are common, but hours beyond that are rare. Even with longer hours, the firm helps out by compensating for meals and providing breakfast daily and lunch frequently.”
- “We were required to work 40 hours and were compensated overtime for any additional hours we did. As a summer, you are encouraged to have a good work/life balance and not stay in the office past 5pm/6pm.”
- “I think Bates White does a great job prioritizing work/life balance. There were many outside-of-work opportunities to bond with my cohort and other employees.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Three rounds: traditional resume/cover letter submission, initial chat, super day. Super day consisted of multiple case interviews and multiple behavioral interviews as well.”
- “Everyone I interacted with during my interview process was incredibly kind. The case interviews are difficult but a good learning experience.”
- “The case interviews were challenging, but if you know economics, you'll find them to be very doable. All the interviewers were pleasant and professional.”
- “The interviewers were really nice and friendly (definitely reflective of firm culture). The interviews were straightforward, with one first round interview and then a super day.”