Kearney is one of the original global management consulting firms that has long specialized in operations and supports clients through large transformations. The firm works with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, as well as governmental and nonprofit organizations. A solidly midsize firm with a strong international reputation, Kearney is poised to offer consultants the best of both worlds: the flexibility and opportunities for exposure of a boutique supported by the infrastructure of a muc...
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Kearney has been a firm to watch in recent years, with a series of transformational moves that have revitalized its brand, energized its workforce, and led to significant top-line improvements. While we don’t have figures for revenue, we do know that insiders are talking annual growth rates in excess of 20%, with bullish projections for 2023, even in the face of some macro uncertainty.
By itself, that would make this a firm worth considering, but Kearney also has the advantage of being renowned as a place with a people-centric, positive culture—underlining that it is entirely possible to prosper within this industry while retaining an all-too-rare sense of perspective and humanity. With excellent growth and promotion opportunities coupled wit...
About the Company
Kearney has been a trusted advisor to the world’s foremost organizations for almost a century and continues to live by the principles established by its founder Andrew Thomas (Tom) Kearney so long ago: “Our success as consultants will depend on the essential rightness of the advice we give and our capacity for convincing those in authority that it is good.”
Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with more than 3,600 people working in more than 40 countries. They work with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, as well as with the most influential governmental and non-profit organizations.
Kearney is a partner-owned firm with a distinctive, collegial culture that transcends organizational and geographic boundaries—and it shows. Regardless of location or rank, their consultants are ...
- “After working at other large firms, Kearney really stands out due to the inclusive and welcoming nature of colleagues, including the collaborative atmosphere fostered by all.”
- “Essential rightness is the foundation that keeps our solutions strong and our moral compass due north. This has served to protect us against morally questionable projects whilst remaining in the upper echelons of the industry. We do what is right, in the right way.”
- “Our firm is competitive in the market, but not internally. No need to constantly compete, be on your toes, position yourself—you can be your best self.”
- “Reflect on what you're looking for: if it's a prestigious brand that will land a quick exit, it's probably not Kearney, but if it's a caring professional environment that gives you opportunities to grow, develop and carve your own career path, then it's Kearney.”
- “You can easily make yourself known throughout the firm quickly and have a role that lets you put in practice what you specifically like.”
Getting Hired Here
- “[Ideal candidate is] dynamic, very proactive, well-spoken, positive state of mind, entrepreneurial behavior and willingness to be involved in office life.”
- “Kearney is looking for smart and ambitious individuals, with a sharp and analytical mind and great people skills.”
- “[In my location, recruiting consists of a] mix of a classic 2 rounds of 3 interviews and some innovative approaches to differentiate from competition (fast track approach + tests).”
- “One of the most important aspects of the recruitment process is cultural fit. I know other firms barely care about this, but Kearney really hires down-to-earth, likeable people. This is also seen in the recruitment process and our client interactions.”
- “The process is very lean, feedback within 1 or 2 weeks for everyone. There is no ideal candidate, it depends on someone who can think logically, who is solution-oriented, can think from a customer or problem perspective and guide through an approach that might be useful to solve the given issue.”