Tops for labor and employment and the go-to firm for media, entertainment, and sports, Proskauer Rose is an all around legal powerhouse. Pro bono is part of the firm’s lifeblood, as is a strong commitment to diversity. Amiable go-getters will do well in the firm’s supportive, team environment.
Total No. Attorneys (2022)
No. of Partners Named (2022)
No. of 1st Year Associates Hired (2022)
No. of Summer Associates (2022)
If you’re lucky enough to interview with Proskauer, don’t talk about sports law the whole time. Yes, Proskauer is famous for being the “sports law firm,” but there’s a lot more to it than one practice—and the firm wants to make sure you know it. In fact, Proskauer excels in practically every way, from elite practice groups across the board to a culture so warm that associates praise it as “family-like.” The atmosphere is just the right amount of social; friendships outside of the office are real, but there’s no pressure on anyone who prefers to just go home at the end of the day. Relationships between partners and associates are excellent, and associates feel that partners genuinely care about their wellbeing, checking in frequently and doing their best to mitigate excessive hours...
About the Firm
Proskauer Rose is practically synonymous with “sports law”—clients include Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, and the National Basketball Association. Although flashy, this reputation shortchanges the firm’s incredibly diversified work, which features top-notch corporate, litigation, tax, private client services, entertainment, and labor and employment practices.
From Small Business to Big Business
Firm forefather William R. Rose opened up shop in downtown Manhattan in 1875 at the sprightly age of 21. Rose’s first clients were local retailers, and his skill soon caught the attention of New York’s burgeoning business class, who hired Rose’s firm to represent them in corporate and personal estate matters. The firm’s reputation (and head...
- “Proskauer is special in that it feels like a group of normal people who enjoy working together. There are a lot of smart and driven people here, but it feels like everyone works together to succeed and are not overly competitive with each other. The socializing makes for a very close-knit group/office, which I think sets Proskauer apart from other BigLaw firms.”
- “In my practice group at least, it feels like an extended family day to day. Everyone has worked with everyone, and is eager to help each other succeed.”
- “Everyone is so driven and friendly. The environment is exciting in a way that includes every member of the team. All members of a team are encouraged to participate in meetings and contribute their perspectives, including staff and junior associates. Rudeness is highly frowned upon—I can't imagine anyone ever being rude to staff. There are also social events like group hikes and happy hours to which staff are invited as well.”
- “The culture is very pleasant—not at all in line with the general perception of BigLaw. Partners and associates are all very easy to get along with. The matters we work on are very interesting, and the deal teams are fun to be a part of.”
Why Work Here
The world’s leading organizations and global players rely on Proskauer to help achieve their most daring ambitions and to overcome their most daunting challenges. Business savvy and market driven, Proskauer’s intellectual capital drives success. We are proud of the firm’s many achievements and hard-earned recognitionsacross a full spectrum of transactional and contentious practices.
Proskauer Rated Top 10 in Chambers Associate Survey for Associate Satisfaction, Diversity and Benefits and Lifestyle
When you build a career at our Firm, you’ll work with the best minds in the business. Our top-tier team – 725 strong – of star trial attorneys, acclaimed transactional lawyers and exceptionally talented partners and associates have earned a reputation for relentlessly pursuing excellence as they secure victories, help to build businesses, and set precedents around the world.
Diversity at Proskauer Rose LLP
Getting Hired Here
- “A lot of associates come from T-14 schools, but the firm actively recruits at other schools as well. In addition to the standard factors (grades, extracurriculars, work experience), the firm seems to value collegiality. Everyone works well together at the firm, so people who are easy to get along with and want to work in a team-based environment are valued.”
- “I appreciate that Proskauer hires from a variety of law schools in search of candidates who all have a certain sociable, kind, open, collaborative attitude.”
- “A lot of new hires come from top-tier schools like Harvard, University of Chicago, Georgetown, Columbia, etc. That said, I know several associates with degrees from less ‘prestigious’ law schools. I think personality goes a long way at Proskauer. I felt that my interviews focused more on making sure I was a personality fit with the firm than on analyzing my grades or resume. My journal experience was mentioned in my interview, but only briefly. I think the firm does a good job at finding people who ‘fit’ with the culture of the firm, while maintaining diversity.”
- “Generally, the firm is looking for someone who is cooperative, hardworking, practical, and easy to get along with. As with most larger firms, they will look for high grades/prestigious law school, etc. I felt they appreciated prior experience in law firms or business, or anything akin to practical hands-on experience in the workforce.”